Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Was Instanbul once Constantinople?

While at my parents' house this weekend, my brother located his They Might Be Giants CDs. He was very excited... and rightfully so. The light, energetic tunes are fun to listen to.

Somehow his discovery permeated my brain. I have had the song "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" stuck in my brain for 3 days. I tell you that so that I can tell you this:

I was singing "Istanbul (Not Constantinople)" in a co-worker's office... there may have also been chair-dancing. He proceeded to accuse me of making up the song! After denying this, I then asked a few other managers as they passed by. All 3 of them denied ever hearing the song. (I even graced them with my voice!) Some asked if it was a children's song... HARDLY!

I took the time to find the album (above) and a portion of song... Vindicated!

Ahhh...

2 comments:

Elbow said...

How don't people know about They Might Be Giants? Though I did forget completely about them to recently when I heard them on the radio...fun revisiting old favorites.

Anonymous said...

I miss mine. It was lost somewhere a while ago...sadness