Monday, May 11, 2009

Awake

The time is currently 4:39am CST. I've been at work for nearly an hour at this point.

Why?

Can't sleep. I thought I'd try to work for a while and then go home and take a nap.

Why can't I sleep?

Who knows. I went to bed at about 9pm after a rather long day. I fell asleep around midnight. I woke up, WIDE AWAKE, at about 2:30am. I laid in bed for a bit and then decided that I had 2 choices:

a) Try to go back to sleep for while. Eventually I would go back to sleep, but the alarm would go off shortly there after and I'd be exhausted all day, or
b) Get up and go to work. I could work until around 2-3pm, go home and take a nap.

I usually go with choice (a) but today, (b).

Curious to see how the day goes.

3 comments:

ae said...

Been there - Done that - Very frustrating. To much on the mind - can't quit thinking - I just want to sleep!!!!!!!!!!

Amiee said...

I hate nights like that. I usually choose to get up, and do stuff around the house. Can't tell you how many times, I've dusted, mopped the floors, cleaned the bathrooms, even did laundry at night. You can actually accomplish a lot in the wee hours of the night.
Lucky for you, you can go in, and leave early. I hope you made it through the day.

belbing said...

I think I have always chosen (a) even though I've pondered (b) many times...how did it go for you?