Monday, May 18, 2009

One Down, Three To Go

I can't stop myself.

I am a Red Wings fan living in Illinois. That means a couple of things:

1. I represent the Wings.
2. I have to hear every detail about the Hawks.
3. I feel the need to defend my Wings and prove my loyalty by placing bets:

The Bets
1. Vs the Chef
Game by game; The loser has to wear a hat of the winning team during lunch until their team wins again. (A little confusing, but fun none-the-less.)
2. Vs the Rooms Exec
Based on the series result; The loser does a work-related task for the winner for 3 months. (The tasks have also been agreed upon, but the details are even more confusing that #1.)
3. Vs my husband
Based on the series result; Specifics to be determined. No doubt it will be rather costly either way.
4. Vs the Director of Engineering
I want to place a bet, but have been informed by the hubby that I have to gather myself.
He's probably right.

Certainly makes the series more interesting.

5 comments:

AE said...

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!

TC said...

The true champion of the original 6 will come out on top. Sorry Hawks that your successful season will turn out losing to the Mighty Red Wings!!!

Lonetree said...

Gee Renee, with all those bets you sound like your dad.

belbing said...

So for bet #1, does the loser at the end of the series have to where a Red Wings hat, sorry the winning teams hat until some time next year when the Blackhawks, I mean the losing team wins again?

Kate said...

yeah, well, we know that wrapped up now. congratulations! i'm on to baseball :)