Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Not a Tumor!

Yesterday I had follow-up appointment #1,483 (the actually number may be lower) on the whole I-can't-see-very-well thing. I feel as though we are actually making progress now. After the 3-hour, yes, 3-hour appointment, we arrive at the following.

I couple of REALLY good pieces of information came out yesterday:
1. I don't have a brain tumor! Yeah!
2. I (more than likely) won't develop MS. It's about a 12% chance at this point, but he'll update that number at my next appointment. Yeah again!

Now that we know what it probably ISN'T, what IS it?
Oddly enough, stress. He said it's a little odd that I am experiencing the blurriness in one eye instead of both, but he wasn't too concerned about that. In the absence of any other symptoms or positive test results (believe me, there have been A LOT of tests), stress is the only conclusion. Again, there is a 12% chance that this could be the onset of MS, but that's only the cut and dry approach.

He said that I should take a vacation, do yoga or whatever relaxes me and to come back in 4 months. To quote him, "More than likely, you'll come back in 4 months, everything will be better and I'll never see you again." I've never been so happy to hear someone want to break up with me!

So, while we are at the same position that we were in 6 months ago, I can more confidently say that nothing life-threatening is going on. Now my mom can stop worrying and get some sleep. Me too.

3 comments:

ae said...

That is a mother's job. No matter how old our children get they are still our children. When they are happy and healthy we can breath as well!!! Yeah for a good check-up. Know I think you need a vacation!!

TC said...

Congratualtions of the great news

belbing said...

I recommend Aruba :)