Thursday, June 04, 2009

June 5-6, 2009

The next few days are going to be a bit hectic, but absolutely fabulous! I wouldn't have it any other way.

For those of you who may not realize it, my brother is getting married on Saturday. He's marrying a wonderful woman who makes him happy and is the ideal addition to our family. Welcome D!

I am looking forward to all of the details (Do I sense a list coming? I do!)

1. Arriving at the condo, checking in and seeing the family again.
2. Getting ready for rehearsal. Re-living my own, I'm sure.
3. Practicing the ceremony, laughing at ourselves.
4. Watching my brother and D reach a new reality in the details.
5. Enjoying a meal with my new extended family.
6. Waking up on Saturday morning, knowing that this is the day that will forever change a lot of lives.
7. The pre-ceremony preparation. Hair, food, gowning, etc.
8. The final line-up. Catching a glimpse of D looking into her dad's eye.
9. The walk down the aisle. My husband is also in the wedding party. It will be a walk down memory lane from only 2 years ago.
10. Watching my brother seeing his bride for the first time.
11. Watching my SIL see her husband for the first time.
12. The vows.
13. The exhale.
14. The larger than life smiles.
15. The celebration.

This is going to be a great weekend!

1 comment:

ae said...

Amen!! I am packing and starting to get ready for the big weekend!!