Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Organ Transplant Team

I was driving home last night when I saw something that kind of made me laugh... and caused me to pause.

At a stoplight, sitting next to me was a white car with the name of a medical facility at the words "Organ Transplant Team." A male was driving while a female was in the passenger's seat. Both were probably in their mid-50s. They were chatting.

Seems well and good so far, right?

Then I saw it... both people, as they carried on in their conversation, were smoking.

Really?

People who clearly understand the importance of a healthy body are smoking? The irony made me laugh. And then I thought... what if I needed an organ... say, a lung. And it was delivered by people who were smoking.

Gives a new meaning to second-hand smoke, right?

3 comments:

ae said...

The irony of life always amuses me.

belbing said...

Yes, yes it does.

Amiee said...

I always find it amusing when I see doctors and nurses outside hospitals smoking. I want to go up to them and say "REALLY"