Friday, June 26, 2009

Thriller

As I heard of Michael Jackson's sudden passing yesterday, I couldn't help but flashback to my childhood.

I was around 8 years old. MJ's "Thriller" album... yes, album... had just come out. We were visiting my aunt and uncle in New York. My sister's birthday was coming soon. I decided to purchase the album for her.

We would play it over and over (as I am sure our parents can attest to, unless they've blocked it out) and dance and dance in the living room. We'd be sweaty and tired and sore, but still wanted to dance. We enjoyed that album and I am sure wore it out in some way.

It was fun. It was innocent.

5 comments:

dem said...

Sounds like our MJ memories are similar. I spent hours dancing in my parents basement to the thriller album.

Mrs. Starman said...

AWESOME Dem! Good times.

TC said...

THat is what I was thinking about as well. Especially when I saw t he album laying at one of the tributes.

Kate said...

It's so werid, isn't it? I feel like our youth is officially over after hearing that he passed.

Melissa said...

I don't care what anyone says, I loved his music...even though he got a little eccentric...and more and more white...

We will miss talking about you Michael...